Currently when you want to insert a note link (e.g. link from one note to another) the process is:
- Right-click the note you want to link to (this switches the edit view to the note you just clicked)
- Select “Copy note link”
- Find the note you were editing
- Find the place where you wanted to insert the link
- Paste the note link
This flow is somewhat interrupting the editing process as you always have to go back to the note you were originally editing and search for the place where you want to insert the link. I see various ways of fixing this:
- Don’t switch the editor to the note you just right-clicked (Evernote does this in the Mac version but not in the Windows version, sigh).
- Allow to create note links by simply dragging a note from the sidebar into the current editor.
- Add some typeahead support for note links, e.g. when you type (some link)[ some autocomplete/typeahead thing opens that shows all the notes you have and filters them as you type the note title.
- Add a “insert note link” button to the toolbar where a dialog opens which you can use to select a note (this is how Confluence is doing it).