macOS "traffic light" window buttons don't behave as expected

Bug report

On macOS, Inkdrop’s window “traffic light” buttons don’t behave as expected:

• When Inkdrop loses focus the traffic light buttons should all change colour to light grey but they don’t.
  • Other apps that depend on the traffic light buttons don’t seem to work with Inkdrop. For example, I use Moom for window management which can be invoked by hovering over the green traffic light button - nothing is invoked when attempted with Inkdrop.

Is this because you’reusing non-standard buttons of some kind? At first I thought it might be an Electron quirk but the same can’t be said for Slack and Atom which I also use daily.

Info

• Platform: macOS
  • Platform version: 10.11.6
  • App Version: 3.18.0

I should add that I’m currently evaluating Inkdrop as a potential Evernote replacement for most of my note taking. I’m loving it so far :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback.
I will reply later as I’m off on next 3 days!
Best regards

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the feedback.

When Inkdrop loses focus the traffic light buttons should all change colour to light grey but they don’t.

Yeah, it seems to be a bug.

Other apps that depend on the traffic light buttons don’t seem to work with Inkdrop. For example, I use Moom for window management which can be invoked by hovering over the green traffic light button - nothing is invoked when attempted with Inkdrop.

The traffic light buttons are built with HTML in order to provide the window with no title bar.
So it may cause problems like you encountered on Moom.
Unfortunately it is by design so I can’t do anything for that.

Thanks for the reply. I know nothing much about Electron but Slack appears to have no title bar and yet the traffic light buttons work as expected.

Maybe this would work: https://github.com/electron/electron/blob/master/docs/api/frameless-window.md#alternatives-on-macos
I’ll try it.

Looks like it worked! The traffic light buttons in the below image is native.

It will be available on the next release.

1 Like

That’s fantastic news. Thank you :slight_smile:

Now it has been resolved in v3.19.0. Thanks!

Splendid :smiley: