Question: Making the most of search and organising notes as a new user

New Inkdrop user here, while this issue has been solved all my initial impressions with regards to how I will use Inkdrop relate to broadly to search:

Related and closed search issue with v5-6-0

• Is INBOX a special notebook? - after reaching the search documentation and syncing a few notes between mac and android clients I was unable to replicate what I was seeing in the sidebar
    All Notes (4)
    Inbox (3)
    Search Term: book:Inbox (while case sensitive returns 0)

• While the addition of To-Do Status Plugin changes the status of notes when the associated To-Do item is closed/completed I am unable to determine with or without plugin if it is possible to search for notes that contain to-do checklist items.

• Saved searches - let’s say I have a somewhat complex search criteria for notes in a notebook containing these words and tags but not other ones, is it possible on any of the Inkdrop clients to save these searches for reuse later?

I’d like to be able to write complex searches such as: notes tagged with projects, not updated in the last week, that don’t have a linked note etc

Thanks Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the questions.

Is INBOX a special notebook?

No. It is a regular notebook.

It searches notes in Inbox like so:

If it doesn’t work, can you tell me how to reproduce it in details?

While the addition of To-Do Status Plugin

What exactly the plugin are you using?
I can’t provide support for every community-made plugin.
If you have an issue, please report it to the plugin author.

Saved searches

Yeah, that’s nice to have. I’m currently working on other features, and I will revisit this feature in the future.

I’d like to be able to write complex searches such as: notes tagged with projects, not updated in the last week, that don’t have a linked note etc

Currently, it is not possible. I’m afraid that I’m not planning to support advanced complex search terms like ‘not updated in the last week’ or ‘don’t have a linked note’ at the moment because I rarely need them. Let me focus on improving other features.